The following drugs can interact with Fioricet. Talk to your doctor if you use one of these:
- an antibiotic;
- blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin);
- zidovudine (Retrovir, AZT);
- taking drugs such as phenytoin (Dilantin) or phenobarbital (Luminal, Solfoton);
- gout medications such as probenecid (Benemid) or sulfinpyrazone;
- an inhibitor of MAO, such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam), or tranylcypromine (Parnate);
- steroids such as prednisone, fluticasone (Advair), mometasone (Asmanex, Nasonex), dexamethasone (Decadron, Hexadrol) and others, or
- an antidepressant such as amitriptyline (Elavil, Etrafon), clomipramine (Anafranil), desipramine (Norpramin), imipramine (Janimine, Tofranil), and others.
This list is not complete and there May be other drugs that can interact with Fioricet. Talk to your doctor about all your prescriptions and medicines, vitamins, minerals, herbs and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
- Your pharmacist can provide More Information on Fioricet.
- Remember, keep this and all other Medicines out of reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use only for Fioricet prescribed.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, current and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein May be time sensitive. The Multum drug information is an information resource designed to help health professionals authorized in the care of patients and / or consumers to see this service as a supplement and not as a substitute for the expertise, skills, knowledge and trial of health professionals. The absence of a warning for a combination of medicines or drugs in no way should be construed to indicate that the combination of drugs or drug is safe, effective or appropriate for any patient. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions or side effects.